It's almost 3 am here in my little spot in the world in Harrodsburg, Ky. I have been kicking around the idea of a blog for a few weeks now, actually since the beginning of the year when I started "yet another diet" I just didn't feel motivated at the time. The only major change I made at the first of the year was that I quit drinking soda. About 6 months ago I had gone from regular soda to diet soda and thought I was doing something wonderful...which I guess any change is a good change, I just couldn't really tell it made much of a difference. Probably because I was still eating a ton of junk food!
I don't want to go into my life story right now because I am getting ready to hit the sack but I was afraid if I didn't start this tonight I would lose my nerve tomorrow. I eventually will fill you in on me, my life, my family and my background. Today I just want to tell the world that I am on day 2 of a fast that is hopefully cleansing my body of some negative things. I am for real about to pee myself to death so I know I am at least getting rid of fluid. I started this on 2/18/2013. Tomorrow I will have to find and post a pic of myself. Like most overweight people I DETEST pictures so I will have to dig for one and see what I can come up with.
Monday I drank 1 slim fast shake for breakfast, had 60 oz of water, 1 sugar free jello and about half a cup of chicken broth. Tuesday I had 1 shake for breakfast, 1 sugar free jello, 1 shake for dinner and 80 oz. of water. I already know this is not overly healthy, but neither am I at the weight I am. I don't plan on doing this long term, only for about 5 days, so save the snarky comments :)
I hope to use this blog as a place to be honest and as real as possible and I hope it has a happy ending. Nighty nite for now ya'll.
I will be watching your blog with interest. I too am on a weight loss journey. This being probably the 3rd time I've actually been serious about losing weight.
ReplyDeleteIt is hard to to totally honest and upfront and I give you mega kudos for that.
Congratulations on getting your thoughts down on 'paper'. It will be a big help to you when you start to stumble or hit a plateau, you can come back to the beginning and see how far you've come. I wish you lots of luck and success.
Im hoping to see some good tips and see some butt kicking on your end.